Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day

I am a member of the Mattituck Lions Club.We have a Strawberry Festival every year for the last 55 years www.mattituckstrawberryfestival.org . It is from Friday to Sunday.. I drove the Mini e there Friday ,charge was 100% when I left home ,made a short trip in the afternoon -charge 75% 64 miles remaining- went to the festival
and was there for 6+ hours went to leave and charge was approx. 60% ,still good . I drove to my work about 4 miles and was there for around 15 minutes. Upon "starting " her up the battery meter goes to 25% and says I have 22 miles left (at this point I'm 10 mile from home and can make it) We went to a friends party which was on the way and we were there for about 45 minutes . I started 249 up and the battery meter showed 0% as in a flat battery. I had 4.2 mile to home so I figured "what the heck" and drove anyway. After a few miles of stop and go the battery meter ROSE up to almost 25% ! Well I get home and plug her into the 110v charger . I did not drive her on Saturday ,due to weather and carrying my son and other things. Now it is Sunday "Fathers Day" and I took the TDi to work because of too much rain not because I don't think the E could make it or not . Now she is fully charged and we have at least a week of rain in the forcast. I have so much to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment