Monday, June 29, 2009

I haven't posted for a few days since we had a grad party on Saturday ,that's two down with four to go!
My brother in law came over and was impressed with the performance of the car ,but when I told him about the charging ,or lack of full charge,he saw I had the charger cord coiled and said that it should be straight and NOT coiled,since it would setup and electromagnetic field an reduce the amps. HMMM,,so I straightened the cord and the charge wasn't full because of the time,but it had gone from 30% the night before to 81% in the morning. The car had been plugged in for10 hours. Well I thought there might be some merit to this and plugged her in last night ,same as before ,the charge shut off at 78% .I plugged her in when I got here to work ,but in the future I should not worry about the charge and just drive ,It will have enough of a charge for my daily driving ,just not any extra for now til the cable is installed to complete the 220 charger connection.
As an aside, the weather was finally nice this weekend with sunny skies and temps in the 80s . a very nice change from three weeks of rain!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about coiling up the cord, it is a twisted pair and does not emit much of any field. Tell your friend to go back to school on Maxwell's equations and vector calculus.

    You should NOT be having these problems with the battery meter jumping around. Make an appointment with the dealer and tell them what is happening. They will fix it. My battery meter on #458 is rock solid.

    ReplyDelete