Sunday, June 14, 2009

So I thought I would get a jump on MINI and start a Blog to chronicle life with an electric car before I have to do it for them. Picked up the car (#249) yesterday,and immediately fell in love with the power it has ,as well as many other attributes . One thing is the charge ,which is very important. No charge no go.So after flogging the thing giving rides to friends etc... we went to dinner 3 miles from home and when we left the battery meter went to 25% and a low battery warning showed on the readout. We got home and I plugged her in for 10 hours ,it had charged to 75% which is not too bad ,but as I drove (in the rain with wipers and headlights on) the miles left went from 54 to 42. I know I don't have any problem with that since I am 15 miles from home ,but I will have to plan my days drive until the 220 volt 40 amp charger cable gets installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment