Monday, June 15, 2009

So the car had been plugged in since 6pm last night, I went to the garage to check the car and the breaker had popped off. I reset it and everything was OK ,but after over 12 hours of charging it was a little over 50% charged. Still no problem and well within my driving range. But as I drove to work the meter started dropping so fast I could see it move from 50 to around 30% . Still gives me the range I need ,But Charging with the 110 volt 12 amp line is very slow and should not be used for daily charging. Now I understand why MINI has given us the first month free..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cliff - congrats on picking up your MINI E. I'll be picking mine up tonight (Irvine, CA).

    Just for clarification, we are supposed to continue to be able to drive it for free until the 240V charging system is fully functional.

    I'm stuck w/ the 110V cable too due to inspection issues.

    Ed
    MINI PIG #017

    ReplyDelete