Thursday, July 9, 2009

The 220 cable was installed on Wednesday , NOT Tuesday like I had originally planned,but it is here. I was so excite ,then I found the cable was about 3 feet too short to reach the car the way I normally pull it in (nose in). So now I have to "thread the needle" and back her in ,or I can find another place for the motorcycles,not gonna happen. So for the next 11 months I am going to have to back up the driveway,make sure there isn't anyone blocking the way and go back and forth till I can open the door to get out and plug her in.
I had plugged her in at 12pm yesterday ,I had to ferry kids so I took the TDi . What do you know .after being on the new charger ,I get in turn her on and same as before 94% charge. It would be nice to see 100% ,but now I can charge at a super high rate ,and just being plugged in yesterday after the install for 45 minutes brought the charge up waaayyy more than with the 12amp cord.
Did anyone notice how massive the cord is? Its HUGE! Looks like a garden hose more than a charger cord.I was told due to UL listing as a houshold item it needed to be overbuilt. The one at the dealer is higher amps ,but half the diameter. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment