Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Been a few days ,my daughter got married and we catered the wedding,needless to say ,I was preoccupied.
I got a package in the mail that was a welcome kit for the MINI e trial testers. There was a MINI E hat,a numbered key chain,a pen,and reusable shopping bag. Oh ,don't forget to look closely as there is "something secret" in there that we don't want anyone else to know about. That is all i will say about that.
The charge finally has been 100% for about a week now . I really have no idea why she never fully charged till now. Less range anxiety is what it amounts to.
Car and Driver Magazine did a short test on a MINI E and it was less than positive. If they asked the folk who drive them everyday ,they might have a different view than driving one for a few hours. for all intents and purposes it is the perfect commuter car . I drive to work everyday and have yet to be dissapointed by the lack of range or power . There is an abundance of both for my needs. As I drive the car,my perspective on the range issue is that one has to know the limitations as presented. A range of 100 miles on pure electric power is quite a feat ,especially at highway speeds. Battery technology must be advanced to provide power as well as range in a vehicle that is to be used on a daily basis. Weight ,size of the battery pack,amp hours ,etc.. must all be considered and hopefully will be ,to produce an affordable , electric car that will take us down the road to energy independence . Besides the fact ,it has been nice not to have to stop at a gas station for the last month. Personally ,I love it(the MINI e ) and if I could buy it ,I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment